Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Domestic Diva, Say What?

Wow. These past couple of weeks have gone by in the blink of an eye. Our home has been a revolving door of friends and family coming to visit our newest edition. Its been so nice. It makes this house feel like the home we always wanted. They also bring food with them...delicious food! The only problem is I'm losing track of who's Tupperware is who's.

I'm really surprising myself at how on top of things I am (and without the help of spreadsheets). I know there will be those "mama said there'd be days like this" days, especially as Mary Joan starts movin' and shakin'. I'm not fooling myself by any means. But its been nice to welcome Mary Joan into a relatively calm cool and collected environment. I'm sure it has a lot to do with her being the second kiddo. You kinda put your guard down a little more and roll with the punches. Not every little baby blunder turns into the end of the world as we know it.

I've also been able to do some extra curricular tasks which kinda gets put on the back burner when you are a nine to fiver. So I guess for the next 11 months I can't really say I'm a hip working mom? Maybe a hip working mom on mat leave? Yeah, that'll work. Been able to get some things organized, unpack a few more boxes, and oh yeah I've been able to start baking/cooking some new dishes (which contrary to popular belief I do enjoy). But don't worry I'm not going to become my worst enemy and start acting like I'm Julia Child incarnated. Well, maybe just one pic of my ultra yummy French Apple Tart. First time making it and pretty darn good if I do say so myself. I think next I'll try my hand at a baked brie in puff pastry with cranberries. Mmmmmm, brieeeeeee!!


We've also asked some wonderful friends and fam to be Mary Joan's godparents. So Michelle, Nicky, and Darcy have accepted with pleasure and we couldn't be happier! Yes, she has two godmothers, because its a tough world out there and every little girl should have at least two godmothers!

What else is new? Wedding season is fast approaching and I'm trying to get this bod in shape so I can look like one sexy mama again. Thinking of taking myself over to Anthropologie at Shops on Don Mills next month and seeing if I can spot myself a sexy little number. And NO, I don't think that because a gal enjoys a little shopping therapy and some heals and makeup from time to time that it makes her prissy or a distracted mother. It means my kids will have good memories of their Ma getting out and enjoying herself from time to time. I use to love it when my parents would have their Friday or Saturday dates and go off dancing with my Aunts and Uncles. We'd stay back and have a ball (torture) with the babysitter.

Ummmm, sent out Mary Joan's birth announcements (so proud Mama and Papa are we). And the big birth announcement will be in this Saturday Star's edition (April 9th) of the Toronto Star. We will definitely be buying up the entire stock from the corner store!


That's all I got for now. But one last thing before I bid adieu...please check out my brother, Ryan Gavel as he performs with Lucie Idlout at this years National Aboriginal Awards. They will be televised this Saturday, April 9th at 8pm EST on Global TV.

That's all.


1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of tasting your french apple tart and it was really yummy!!! I'd like to have the recipe. It was great meeting Mary Joan, she is absolutely beautiful. We need to meet up again soon so the boys can play together again.

    ReplyDelete